Built in 1898 by U.S. Sen. William Stanley West, this opulent home gets its name from the circular veranda, which includes 13 massive columns each representing one of the 13 original American colonies. The formal gardens, which are as spectacular as the home itself, have a small chapel and are ideal for outdoor or intimate weddings. The large and accommodating reception hall is adjacent to the gardens. In addition to weddings, this is an elegant historical venue for family reunions, business and club meetings and other special events.
One of Valdosta's best-known landmarks, this magnificent home is host to many tours and group events and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Saved from demolition in 1951, it is now the home of Valdosta's garden clubs.